My story: I will tell you it.
In 2000, I moved to the DC area from San Antonio, TX. That's when I began writing fiction seriously.
In 2004, my first short story, The Butler Didn't Do It
, was published in Chesapeake Crimes I
, and garnered an Agatha Award nomination for Best Short Story.
In 2005, version 1.0 of Matters of the Blood
was published by the same publisher that did the anthology. A few months later, said publisher fell off the map and many authors were angry because we never got paid...I had a 3 book contract. ::grrr arrgh::
In 2006, thanks to John Betancourt's attending my panel @ Malice Domestic, Juno acquired Matters as a reprint. The trade paperback edition came out in March 2007.
In 2008, Matters was once again reborn, as a mass market paperback, followed by the 2nd in the Blood Lines series, Blood Bargain
Now, in 2009, the Blood Lines series will once again be reborn as part of Juno/Pocket
- as per the schedule below.Juno/Pocket schedule for 2009:
* June 2009: Amazon Ink, Lori Devoti (first of series)
* July 2009: Vicious Circle, Linda Robertson (first of a series)
* August 2009: Demon Inside, Stacia Kane (second of series)* September 2009: reprint Matters of the Blood, Maria Lima (first of a series)
* October 2009: reprint Blood Bargain, Maria Lima (second of series)
* November 2009: Blood Kin, Maria Lima (third of series)
* December 2009: Vampire Sunrise, Carole Nelson Douglas (third of series)
* January 2010: Hallowed Circle, Linda Robertson (second in series)
I'm a very lucky woman.
Oh, the e-book version of Blood Bargain
is now available at Fictionwise